The next level beyond the Certified Data Vault Data Modeler course is the Advanced Data Vault. This course has been redesigned for 2018 and consists of two intensive days of interactive modeling and group case analysis.
The focus of this course is modeling. In particular this course is focused on providing students a deeper understanding of the various options available within the Data Vault Ensemble modeling approach.
The goal of this course is to enable data modelers and architects to make the most informed and best possible modeling decisions when establishing their specific modeling pattern in their organization.
This course follows an example-driven approach based on over a dozen real-life modeling cases. For each modeling scenario there is a business case that leads to a set of alternatives. Through interactive group analysis and discussions, and drawing on the experiences of the students in the class, the various alternatives are uncovered, considered, often ranked, and ultimately classified and categorized based on best practice considerations, pros & cons, and how appropriate they might be given the specific business scenarios.
This course if for data modelers, data architects, information modelers, and other data warehousing and business intelligence professionals who work with the design of conceptual, logical or physical data. Students attending this course should be comfortable with the Data Vault modeling approach and the broader concepts of Ensemble Modeling. Ideally certified CDVDM modelers, those actively working with Data Vault or those who have spent time working with data warehouse modeling ensembles.
This course provides the unique opportunity to leverage decades of Data Vault modeling experience from around the World to gain a deeper understanding of Data Vault modeling and the impact of various different patterns. It also provides a venue for connecting with other modelers to share experiences, ideas, models, challenges, discoveries, and to work together towards a common better understanding of ensemble modeling.
Hans is president at Genesee Academy and a Principal at Top Of Minds AB. Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Big Data educator, author, speaker, and advisor. Currently working on Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) with a focus on Ensemble Modeling and Data Vault. Primarily in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Denver, Sydney and NYC.
Hans has published his data modeling book “Modeling the Agile Data Warehouse with Data Vault” which is available on Amazon websites in both print and Kindle e-reader versions.
- Modeling Events (and the role of links)
- Modeling Context Arrays (impact on satellite design)
- Modeling for Big Data, Cloud & Streaming Deployments (leveraging new platforms)
- Modeling UOW – Event based UOW (advanced link design)
- Modleing UOW – Keyed Instance UOW (hubs vs links)
- Modeling Address (context close to key)
- Modeling the BK in and EDW (dealing with lack of Enterprise Key – also include Anchor/Focal alternatives)
- Modeling the Shuttle for Fuzzy Integration (dealing with realistic integration)
- Modeling the SAT BOK (alternate, degenerate keys, etc.)
- Modeling for Personally Identifiable Information and Privacy (PID)
- Architecture – Defining and Deploying the RAW and BDV (establish approach)
- Ensemble Logical Form (ELF) and Virtualization (in memory)
- Modeling Automation – the Play Book (how and when to automate)
Beginning: Thursday, 21th of June 2018, 9:00am
End: Friday, 22th of June 2018, 5:00pm
4103 NM Culemborg,
Regular Price: € 1.595,- without VAT
Fee includes course materials, coffee, and lunches.